So just an update on where I am now.
I returned to Nairobi on Thursday after an eight-hour day in the plane. Two nights getting sorted and now out in Mombasa. I couchsurfed the past two nights with a Kenyan man and have made a Mexican roadie who was also couchsurfing with him. We went to a white sand, turquoise waters beach yesterday, I discovered that SPF 15 is not enough, and I will say no more because everyone I love is being depressed by their winter version of February as we speak.
Now Maria Jose and I are headed north to more coast, more beach, planning on visiting the A Rocha Kenya (same org. I visited in France) site over the next few days. She's a biologist, so it sounds like an agreeable plan to her, too. The coast has a Muslim influence from centuries of Arab commerce and slave trade (of Africans). Plus quite a few Indians brought here as engineers, laborers by the Brits in the 20th century. The food is good.
Kenya until March 5, Cairo until March 7, Singapore on March 8, Melbourne on March 9. Don't quite know what all will transpire between now and then. I probably can't get pictures up until Cairo because there is no computer or internet capable of handling so much data in this country. That I know of.
In the meantime, I'm missing the Nubas.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Han, So glad to see that you are safely on your way! Your good friends, the "Rock" and I have been worried, optimistic, and in prayer for you. We wish you continued safe travels...AK
I am going to China in May (near the end of May first of June) - will you still be in Asia?
Post a Comment