Monday, July 11, 2011

Maggie & Daddo and friends

I've just made a quick trip up to Minnesota and Wisconsin with my mother. She was coming here for work and we used the excuse to visit my grandparents, her parents, Maggie and Daddo. I haven't seen them since Charlie's high school graduation in 2008. We got to spend four days with them in Wisconsin before returning to the Twin Cities.

And tonight of my Minnesota family the only one who could make it was Uncle Larry. I wanted to go to an Afghan restaurant to give my mother and Larry a taste of the cuisine, and it just happened to work out that J & M and their kids, with whom I lived and worked in the provincial capital in Afghanistan, are in the state visiting. So lucky them, they got to go out for Afghan food on their vacation. But it was wonderful to catch up, and I loved seeing their kids as you can probably tell from the picture.

Maggie and Daddo

My young friends from Afghanistan

With Uncle Larry at our feast

2 comments:

anduin said...

Did you like the restaurant?

christine said...

And can I just say one more time, "I love your long hair!!!" You look beautiful as always. :)