We have been here just over two weeks. The funny thing about our return to the same hotel and then the same room, 317, is it was a bit of a homecoming. Since joining forces with Tom, this is the longest we've been in any one place.
Last weekend we went to Detroit for the birthday festivities. We enjoyed urban living for two days. It's a fascinating city, full of beautiful rotting architecture, great eats, casinos, corruption, and apparently a very committed and creative class making their homes there.
We find ourselves here not knowing what is next. I would use this analogy I thought of regarding Bragg ORGANIC Raw~Unfiltered APPLE CIDER VINEGAR; I cannot be sure if it causes cancer or cures cancer. The opinions are mixed, though it tastes like it causes cancer. We're here in Flint, not knowing if to stay is to settle or to stay is our calling. It's either the right thing or the wrong thing (perhaps, that should be mitigated to either a right thing or not-the-wrong-thing-except-neither-of-us-like-it-here-too-well thing).


Laura sent these cupcakes to our hotel. Thus fulfilling my secret wish to be given cupcakes for my birthday. That's not quite a fair criteria, is it? Keeping ones wishes secret and hoping someone will fulfill it. And yet, she did it.
1 comment:
Hmmm. Cupcakes, huh? What a delightful gift! And I will be thinking of you both as you work on making a decision about Michigan.
Post a Comment