New year's day (Persian new year, Nau Roz, 21 March) horse races
Shrine at the top of my local climbing hill,
one of the "Ancient Cult Places" on the hill
My favorite relic at the Soviet-era
museum built into a natural cave
Said Soviet-era museum,
with a 12-ft taxidermied black snake
slithering up the stairs from downcave to upcave
slithering up the stairs from downcave to upcave
Easter play!
Gorgeous gorge on Easter
"Stop Tuberculosis"
My entry to our TB Day art contest
My entry to our TB Day art contest
Which had 350 entrants and 1,300 voters
For $200, $260, and $300 prizes,
a guard's month's salary,
a guard's month's salary,
none of which I won
But I did make the blue part with a potato stamp fashioned
after the pattern from the above shrine, and I was very proud.







3 comments:
You should feel proud--you are a potato artiste!
Great pics! Fun to see what it's like there.... loved your poster entry too!!! Miss you.... you are almost to the 20th! Hooray!
Impressive entry. I can hardly imagine what the winners looked like.
Post a Comment