
Map of March 14-March 25.
A. Chugwater, Wyoming.
B. Park City, Utah. My first couchsurfing.com experience. Stayed in a location, location, location condo with Jess & Dan. They are cool cats who lived in Panama for awhile last year. Dan made us falafel, cucumbers & yoghurt, couscous, pita, etc. and it couldn't have tasted any better.
(Salt Lake). Sundance Catalog outlet store - a homecoming for me, the envy of Mother & Abby. Temple Square - a homecoming for many people, I'm sure. Sisters Godfrey & Beaty gave an earnest tour and I called Michael Smith just to give a shout out to Joseph's great-great-great-great? grandson.
C. Kanab, Utah. My second couchsurfing.com experience. Stayed with two retired park rangers. The wife took me to the top of the hill on which she'd built a labyrinth, and shared her interest in world folk art and the Virgin of Guadalupe. They live beneath beautiful red cliffs.
(Zion NP). I was scandalized by the $20/car park pass so I bought a year pass for all the parks ($50). Did two little hikes and drove through the spectacular canyons. Jess & Dan said to do Angel's Landing, but I had 500 miles yet to drive that day (remember for next time). New favorite color: the burnished dark blue of the red canyon walls, either from being wet or old.
D. Grand Canyon NP, Arizona. Same day, I had to get my money's worth. Got to see it at sunset, the red sun on the red walls.
E. Phoenix. Gr. Pat & Bankaw's condo in Mesa. Uncle Carl & Peggy, Kali & Bill & Emigail & Lydia, Chad, Aunt Greta & Ben, and Abby & Ben. Went shopping with Kali and Abby, LPGA tourney with Chad, Abby, & Ben, a Bible museum in a Hampton Inn with Gr. Pat & Bankaw, and Cirque du Soleil with Abby & Ben, plus lots of fresh squeezed O.J., card playing, and time by the pool.
F. Santa Barbara & Santa Ynez Valley. Drove PCH at sunset to meet up with Arkansas friends Billy & Mindy Stevenson + their kids and family friend. Did a little wine tasting along the "Sideways" trail. Spectacular country. Stayed with Bankaw's cousin-in-law, the most youthful 80-year-old I've ever met.
G. Irvine Sweet Irvine (clean and green master planned city, no soul). Here to enjoy a little time in Laura & Jacob's family again.
No comments:
Post a Comment