Some things have gone my way this week. Financial things, entertainment more frivolous than self-actualization things. I don't know what to make of them in God's economy, but I'm thankful.
Monday:
The Soderquist Center misbooked a flight for me sometime last year, a $450 ticket reusable only by me. So about a week ago, they turned it over to use as I might. It was set to expire May 26. After about an hour on the phone with some very patient customer service representatives (shout out to American Airlines), I have a one way ticket from Chicago to Omaha in May and a one way ticket from Denver to Dublin to Hamburg, Germany in July. All for $250 out of pocket. Nuts.
Tuesday:
My friend Pam Ozenberger helped me pick up a "refreshed" camera from the Apple Store for $100 - lists on B&H for $250.
Wednesday:
I spent this past Sunday afternoon with Chelsea Rottuno, a friend from Vancouver UrbanPromise five years ago. In those five years, she's married a good man and had a lovely baby. Wonderful to see her and her little family.
On Sunday, she gave me three Disney's California Adventure passes to be used by April 27. I went after work this afternoon. When I didn't have $10 cash to park, the lady waved me through and though my ticket made the admission machine go "boinggg," the gate matron waved me through too. And then Keith's girlfriend, Jessica, who is a manager in custodial, signed me into Disneyland. Total count: 3x Tower of Terror, California Screamin', new Monster's Inc. ride (lame), and all the Mountains + Indiana Jones. I'm sure that many thoughtful people can make good arguments of why Disney rots our brains or gives us alternate fantastic realities of no use to a hurting world. But I love Disneyland, and today I got three breaks and had a blast.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment