Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Call for book recommendations

I'll return to the US in about three weeks for Jeremy's wedding. With that in mind, I'm ordering and shipping all sorts of things to his house.

Please suggest good books! If I shop at used bookstores on the road, then I end up with the likes of The Thorn Birds. Or passing up a $22 copy of The Grapes of Wrath at a train station, because I know it's $4 on Amazon.

So, come one, come all, and recommend your favorites. Anything. Except pop leadership.

2 comments:

Amanda Ellis Pollard said...

If you're in the mood for some literary science fiction, I'd suggest anything by Dan Simmons. Ilium and Olympus are excellent, and I'm loving Hyperion. He's a local CO author, and I've been enjoying his take on SF.

Hope you get some good recommendations!

Basem said...

Hannah,
I think I've read about 10 books since leaving the US in August, my two favorites have been:
"Cain's Field" by Matt Rees &
"From Beirut to Jerusalem" by Thomas Friedman. Both are about conflict in the middle east and both authors have perspectives that I value.