Sunday, October 8, 2006

Athens to Rome

From the Athens National Archaeological Museum. 2,300 year-old statuettes, if they were for sale, I'd bring home one for everybody.

Evi & Christina - my Greek hostesses. I stayed with them seven nights (and stayed an extra night to go out with a Lost Coin team).

Messologi, Greece. E & Cs' hometown of 12,000 people. Their mother and sisters recieved me warmly (their dad was gone). If you miss Main Street, America, Main Street, Greece is alive and well.

I don't think this brand of beer would fly in the USA.

Spanish Steps, Rome

Colosseum

Brunilda, a purebred cat who eats tuna and shrimp. Pet of my couchsurfing hostess, Valentina, in Rome.


Yesterday, Valentina took me to the city center on her scooter. Two nights ago, I went to dinner with her family where we enjoyed mozzarella of buffalo milk.

"Et tu, Brute?" This is the spot where Julius Caesar was killed, which is now official home to a colony of cats cared for by a volunteer corps. It amuses me to no end.

Michelangelo's Pietà at St. Peter's Basilica. My dad saw it before the bullettproof glass went up.

I'll be in SD on Tuesday night for Jeremy and Taras' wedding week. Until later...

No comments: