So from Kenya, where I dealt with the tragedy of Duty Free being closed at my 4:00 am boarding time = no $7 bottles of Amarula, to a two night Cairo couchsurf with a Canadian lady and her daughter, who move from continent to continent every few years with her job in int'l schools, to three legs of flights ultimately ending in Melbourne. Reflexology and Little India on Singapore stopover.
In lieu of sleeping the two nights I was on a plane, I caught up on movies. The Oscars came and went, and as I hadn't seen any of the nominees or otherwise, I didn't even have the heart to look up red carpet dresses. Now I've seen Casino Royale, Babel, Dreamgirls, and Out of Africa (not on this year's list, I know).
Dharshi & Devi picked me at the airport on Friday morning and we haven't missed a beat. Yesterday was a public holiday and their father's birthday barbecue, today I'm pursuing my one job lead in Brisbane, and listening to "Wave that Flag" on my iPod recently reunited.
Initial Melbourne vibe is akin to Vancouver. It's not Vancouver, but more Canada than America or Europe. Developing.
5 comments:
hannah + mandy + china = a blessing
I can't wait to see you and give you HUGE hugs.
mmmmm, no amarula... so sad. Kari and Jason totally turned us on to Amarula and we are addicts already. Wish I was in Oz with you guys! Brisbane is an amazing city! If you really want an outback experience, I can send you a very special man's contact info... this guy ran a 4 million acre station in Western Oz and raised 5 boys out there. One of the most amazing people you will ever meet in this life. He lives in Perth if you want to head out there I will give you his info. G'day to you all!!
Ooh, Australia! One of Mark's favorite places. He's join you in a heartbeat--and so would I! I've been meaning to crank out a long e-mail, but haven't had time. Must let you know I gave up gossip (which includes People) for Lent, so we're probably on the same wavelength. I'd count the airport, as I also count airports in the state and country game, which gives me Texas, Washington State, and Germany.
Much love, your CO-bound Amanda
Really Hannah, I think we've discussed this before. Airports are not allowed, neither in states nor countries. Being in an airport is like being in a small international controlled area, like Jerusalem was going to be under the Oslo Accords. Sure that means I don't get Germany, but it's the right thing to do.
I think that airports don't count on the primary list, but they deserve mentioning and should be noted on a separate list. It's like a half point. Any news from BBI?
Post a Comment