Thursday, March 1, 2007

Ode to fruit salad

I like bananas
I know that mangos are sweet
I like papayas
but nothing can beat
adding
watermelon
fresh pineapple
and
avacado

One of many reasons to love Kenya.














Yes, yes, mangoes come in varieties

1 comment:

KJG said...

Hi HK -- It's your favorite Gilfillan. I'm not sure where your post comes from, but in my high school youth group we used to sing this (very reverent worship) song:
"I like bananas
I know that mangoes are sweet
I like papayas (papayas?!)
That nothing can beat
That sweet, sweet love of God"
I never understood the connection between God's love and fruit, but MAN we had some crazy motions to go along with the verses.
So thanks for sending me back to high school youth group, and I think that logical step in your trek post-Africa would be Bellingham, Washington.
Happy trails to you, until we meet again --