Friday, May 4, 2007

Soccer/netball/footy Mum

The real mum got back from hospital this week. She's recuperating well, trying to balance healing with averting stir crazy, and a lovely lady even when hobbling around in PJs.

I'm clipping along with two kids, girl-10, boy-7, who are loads of fun infused with squirrely. I enjoy their regimented days beginning with Vegemite toast, no crusts, and ending with fake excuses not to go to bed. I'm getting my comeuppance for always wanting everything to be fair, down to the last french fry.

I have the middle of the weekdays (and weekends) off, which is perfect for copious amounts of planning going into June and July. I'm so thankful to regroup in a place with the conveniences of home + lots of consulates.

Last weekend, I engaged in a continuing due diligence program of meeting people. It looked like attending the open invitation birthday party of one of the guys from the church, introducing myself and wishing him a Happy 30th. It's the only way now that I live-in out in the suburbs again. I'm starting to get names and little histories and will be sorry to move on.

Rockin' the Pathfinder
With prayers of many and self-talk, "You like driving, you know how to drive, left, LEFT!" it's going well.

No comments: