Wednesday, August 8, 2007

On getting a really good photographer

My sister and Ben have started a blog, which I've linked at the right. They've just been to our Palm grandparents' farm for a few days, Abby sharing the cool basement, new kittens, garden veggies, Grandma Pat's banana pancakes and homemade syrup, playing cards and eating popcorn with the Rasmussens.

Because Ben is a photographer he takes pictures as often as the chance arises. The pictures from Albin are gorgeous (why can't I enlarge them?). It makes me think of the picture by John Bryson on the back of Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking, Joan and her husband and her daughter. When I saw Bryson's picture I hoped, maybe someday I'll have really cool black and white shots of my family whose rights are owned by Getty Images because of my brother-in-law.

The Dunne/Didions at their home in Malibu

3 comments:

Manny Kay said...

I thought you might enjoy:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/08/08/olympics.beijing.reut/index.html

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah--I'm at computer training and tried to e-mail you, but apparently I don't have your right address! Hank Williams (?) just e-mailed me to say that he hopes I find the person I'm trying to reach. You can get me at amandapollard@re3j.com. Welcome home!

Cindy said...

scanna...you're back. so good to hear you are somewhere that i could actually see you. my friend, any plans to head east? much love and yes, i'm a blogger too these days.

http://www.crowdersmountain.blogspot.com/

much love my friend!!!