Ian was an exchange student with my paternal granparents in 1971, and he and (subsequent) wife Janet have been back five times in the last thirty-five years. I was the first of my family to visit NZ since 1973 and I was recieved with much fanfare. They have a gorgeous boutique bed and breakfast, Tangley on Clyde, and we had a nice weekend of visiting family and experiencing a few Kiwi treats, such as the White Bait fritters below.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Tangley on Clyde
On last-minute and gracious invitation, I went to visit the Wallaces in Christchurch, New Zealand. It came after Tahiti drama boiling down buying a flight to Papaetee to LA last October which Air New Zealand was going to make me pay out of pocket this July. So to New Zealand instead.
Ian was an exchange student with my paternal granparents in 1971, and he and (subsequent) wife Janet have been back five times in the last thirty-five years. I was the first of my family to visit NZ since 1973 and I was recieved with much fanfare. They have a gorgeous boutique bed and breakfast, Tangley on Clyde, and we had a nice weekend of visiting family and experiencing a few Kiwi treats, such as the White Bait fritters below.

Zoom in to see their little fish faces
Ian was an exchange student with my paternal granparents in 1971, and he and (subsequent) wife Janet have been back five times in the last thirty-five years. I was the first of my family to visit NZ since 1973 and I was recieved with much fanfare. They have a gorgeous boutique bed and breakfast, Tangley on Clyde, and we had a nice weekend of visiting family and experiencing a few Kiwi treats, such as the White Bait fritters below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment