An hour ago, I finished my fifth week of Dari lessons. I find confidence and enjoyment to be very chicken-and-egg in the process. This week I felt the least confident as we construct sentences - that in my cohort of three, one is a grammar savant and the other can retain any word we've heard once. But thankfully today I had a respite and the sentences seemed to come together. It's similar to performing in a sport.
The teacher gives us the name of one thing, then adds another and we point while hearing the word. We add up to 12 objects in this method. Old man, old woman, man, woman, boy, girl, and baby are represented by Playmobiles. We learned foods with fresh veggies, dried beans, and pictures.
Here is an example of my sentences from today, made with our props, not corrected for flow or clarity:
The snake arms has not. The snake plane up the mountain drives. The snake plane down the valley drives. The plane in the river pours.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Go, Hannah! You are doing an amazing thing, and to tell you the truth, some of the native English speakers I teach construct sentences along the same lines!
Have you talked about the Christmas bell yet?
Post a Comment