Friday, February 6, 2009

Dept. of Muppets Presents

Two years ago this month I decided to grow my hair out. Having worn it short all except one year of the past decade, covetousness for Christina Carnes' gorgeous hair at Abby's wedding inspired my perseverance.


Clearly you can see I've spent too much time on this project. I know the seams don't match; I made the stupid thing in Word.

I think a braid down my back will take another year. In the meantime, Monica, will you please come give me a trim. Or, is Ian Charles available?

Apologies to Sarah, Ian, Janet, Mandy, Tara, Dad, Mother, Charlie, Ray, Monica, Lucas, Mike, Katie, Calley, and Leah. It would have been a lot nicer with you in the pictures.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you could put this in an ad for a fast growing hair treatment, or it could be a poster for a movie about a woman with many identies.

Anonymous said...

By the way, you look remarkably like your mom in the 2nd row, 3rd column.

Ashley said...

Your hair looks fabulous in that last picture. I'm jealous. ;) I really like picture #2 though. You're one of the few that "pull off" short hair. I get told that too so I'm not making a weird "what's she saying" sort of compliment. Anywho, good job on project...it was fun to see...

Smits Family said...

I like it long!

Amanda said...

It looks so gorgeous! I only vaguely remember the long-haired Hannah of our youth. I'm still growing mine out too--let me know when you finally chop it and I'll chop then as well.

gpt said...

Holy Cow Hannah, I looked at your pictures and you are the spitting image of your mother in the picture where you are wearing the corral necklace. It kind of took me back for a moment. I can't stop looking at it. I see where Anduin said the same thing. Interesting. Anyway, it is fun to look at your hair growing project. Keep it up and let us see your progress.

Manny Kay said...

I love the photos! So fun. Your hair looks so great long. Is that your natural hair color? I love it. It is beautiful.

I miss you.

abby said...

Hannah,
You have gotten such rave reviews on this post that I hardly know what I can add. It was a good project, but you know that I have a strong bias toward cat-in-drawer photos.

Love,
Abby

Crystal said...

Troy equates you to a camelion-pictures and different looks that is-not the slimy part at all. I have recently ventured with a perm to get a similar look-I like the natural, it looks great.

Devi said...

seriously, you look stunning with the long hair.. like a photo from some sort of display or something. love the melancholy/pensive-ness of it.