Dear faithful readers…
Shortcomings in technology have gotten me down once again. It's a combination of not having the right login on my new drive, not having electricity, not having internet at home, and not having fast internet at work.
I'm back in-country and in fact, on the job. Since last writing I've been through five countries, but now settling in. Here are things I've noted on the way -
Thought I was clear of the swine flu because there's only one (swine) in the entire country - in the zoo, but apparently that's not how it works.
Whilst away, I forgot about the anti-humidity, having my fingernails break off, lips taut; the need for hair conditioner so as not to look like a four-year-old who's just rubbed a balloon on her head. You might think this would come easily since I grew up in Wyoming. I don't know what happened from 18 to 27.
If you're not friends with Eden and Stacia on facebook (Actually I'm not friends with Stacia on facebook, but I am in real life), or if you don't read Jeff's blog, you may not yet know about the musical group The Welcome Wagon. They are Sufjan's protégés, available for download on eMusic, and just lovely.
Anduin, a magnificent care package. [Imagine picture of parcel here – People magazines, wasabi peas, silicone spatulas, note cards from the UND art museum gift shop, Glad Corn, etc.]. Really. And Happy Birthday #28!
Abby Lobla, congratulations on your decision to go to law school at the University of Colorado. I'm sure Dad's really excited about getting Buffs gear for Christmas.
I moved the cat north with me, in a pink plastic box with a sedative in an airplane.
No comments:
Post a Comment