Thursday, October 22, 2009

My jewels

One night when there wasn't much going on in my willage, and I was sitting in my room listening to iTunes with my cat nearby - which is EVERY night - I decided to draw. Someone I saw in Melbourne two weeks ago sends me lots of nice things, including paints and drawing pads, so I have been more artistic in the past few months than the last nine years put together.

As I mentioned earlier, my favorite thing to do here besides laugh with my co-workers (did I mention that?) is to shop for jewelry and carpets. The pickin's are slim compared to Kabul, but it's probably best that way.

Here are a silver bracelet, ring, and earring, it has a mate, that I've collected in the past few months.

4 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

I for one am hpoing you will do your Christmas shopping there.....
Love,
Mother

Amanda said...

Lovely and well-drawn--I remember always marveling at the Chugwater art trio--you, Sarah, and Shannon G.

Devi said...

Excellent drawings.. can't wait to see more.

Jennifer Miller said...

I miss seeing your drawings! You should definitely keep at it :) My favorite of yours (and I'm highly saddened it's gone from the fire) is your watercolor of the dark skinned boys (can't remember if they were African or Jamaican or what nationality)