My first friend of A-stan, Fay, died yesterday. We lived together for six months of language school. She'd just returned to the country yesterday morning after spending Christmas at home. She died as painlessly as a 24 year-old might. Her family lives in the UK.
We were going to see each other tonight and tomorrow night, imminent plans.
I still owe her $60 from our Christmas shopping trip.
A sweet girl
A little friend with Auntie Fay
Outing to the museum
Her photo, our cat,Percy Fang K. M.
The capture of our first scorpion
11 comments:
I am so sorry.
Oh, dear. I am sorry.
Han, I am so so sorry...hugs!
so tragic. almost unreal. what happened??
A few minutes ago Meg asked me why I was sighing, and while I suppose there are many reasons I do that, one is thinking about the death of your friend Fay. I am so sorry.
S.
Oh Hannah I am SO sorry! This is just unimaginable. I'll be thinking of you and her family and friends.
I'm so very sorry about your friend. Prayers for you, her family, friends.
Some things, this side of heaven we will NEVER understand.... My heart grieves for you and for her family....
Love you,
Mother
Han, I love you. I hurt for you, for Fay's family, and the people she had built relationships with in Afghanistan. Wish I could pick up the phone and call. -Manny
We are sorry for her family and for you sister. True friendship is a real treasure and we are sorry that you lost one.
Love and prayers
Jer and Tara
Post a Comment