Friday, April 16, 2010

Photos: Lebanon and Syria scenes

I've just returned from Lebanon where I spent ten days, as mentioned briefly last week. It was a good time of refreshment, beauty, and creativity of all kinds. It wasn't a particularly good time of rest as there is just too much going on to sleep! I celebrated Easter, ate lots, went sightseeing including a day trip to Syria, shopped, watched movies, hung out with Sarah the hostess with the mostest, and went out on the town.

Mohammad Al-Amin Mosque, Beirut

Martyr's Square, Beirut

Umayyad Mosque, Damascus, Syria

Mihrab in Damascus

Ananias Chapel where tradition holds
St. Paul came after his sight was restored

View from Byblos ruins
Phonecian under Roman under Crusader ruins

Bekaa Valley, Lebanon

Charming Beirut architecture

Holiday Inn, still in ruins from civil war

Pigeon rocks

Mediterranean scene

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you for the wonderful photos--I feel as if I have traveled vicariously through you, as I sit in my basement with my boy! I love your text posts as well, but the photos are lovely!

Dan and Lynn said...

WOW! Some great photos of exotic places... I am most envious...will try to write you this weekend... been working late. Dad and I going away to celebrate our 17th anniversary! Love you,
Mother