Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Abby and Ben pictures

Friday Mosque from the street, Herat

Minarets in disrepair, Herat

The great chucklemeisters

Not your geographic stereotype

Koochi (nomad) camels (note baby on back)
headed to summer pastures

Sisters in the Waldooj Valley

Our horse boy looking from the
direction of the Big Pamir to the Hindu Kush

Wakhi momma

Ben in his happy place,
baby animals everywhere

Female Marco Polo sheep from a distance

Bowlegged Kyrgis nomads

5 comments:

abby said...

Oh it was the most beautiful, wasn't it?

Eden said...

It warms my heart to think of you all together. :) Cheesy but true. That baby camel: too much!!

Dan and Lynn said...

Very cool! I am sure that the visit will be one of the highlights of your stay there! Great pictures!

Hannah said...

If you pop over and see Ben's first photos you'll understand why I had to get mine up first...

Anonymous said...

cheqA aks-e-makbul astan. Az khatere I as pusht-e-wakhan o fzb shudum, wa Am az pusht-e-tu o kule rafIqema da Fzd shudum.