Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Football Fever" sounds better

My computer has been in Dubai getting repairs made before the 3-year warranty expires in August.  (I have not been there with it).  The man at the repair shop, via copious helpful emails, was eager to make everything new. 

In the meantime, I've joined the World Cup 2010 throng.  In town, we have supporters from the US, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Mexico, Germany, South Africa, and England.  There were even Swiss around for a few days at the beginning. 

Today I'm nursing a head cold deluxe (mouthbreathing) and fighting to stay awake because my entire fake weekend was spent watching soccer until 1 am.  We have a pretty good thing going at a neighboring office with Indian ESPN via satelite:  we bring the food, they turn on the projector.  Tonight we'll be at it again, USA vs Ghana, though the 11 pm start is off-putting to all but the hardiest fans.  Go USA!

3 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

Hannah- Take care of that cold. I wondered why we hadn't heard much from you lately. Dad and I will be watching too. Doing some gardening stuff this morning... wish you could see how lovely it all is... then the game at noon. Dad is really into it. I am sort of in my non-competive way but still to some extent. The USA win was a thriller. Denium 'n Diamonds is tonight with Aunt Dianne and Uncle Jon as the stars. Charlie is taking Grandpa's Angie as his date. Miss you!

Anduin said...

That sounds better than the Olympic coverage you had. It sounds like an exciting atmosphere.

Kenneth the page and I appreciated the reference to mouthbreathers.

Amanda said...

We have "football" fever here as well, although we are doing the majority of our watching in Spanish, due to a lack of ESPN. Lincoln especially enjoys the "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!" cry. I am toying with the idea of making him a football fleece blanket for next winter, with soccer balls on one side and American footballs on the other.

I hope your cold is doing better!