Tuesday, July 13, 2010

That's what sisters are for

I keep forgetting and remembering this post, stored up from when Abby visited. We talked until the air ran out, and on a few occasions she was kind to point out my erring ways. I think I've forgotten one, but I'll add it to the list if she sees something missing.

1) Return of the Jedi duvet cover from eBay, 1982 vintage. Abby told me I have to get a Big Girl bedspread when I get home.
2) Cartilage piercing in my left ear, 1998 vintage. I argued that I still like it and wear a gold hoop which no one else does. She argued that no one else does.
3) Long hair, three years in the making. "Hann, ----bride sisters just don't have good long hair."

2 Sept, 2011 edit:
4) Toe rings. Like #2. Look around. Who is wearing toe rings? Women 30+.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Seriously, you have a Return of the Jedi bedspread? I feel I must disagree with Abby on that one. That is awesome. Mark and I seriously considered a modern Star Wars bedspread, but the largest it came was a full. Also, I think your long hair looks lovely, and am currently growing out a quite short do myself. I like short hair, but ultimately, I like ponytails. Anyway, isn't having a sister awesome?

abby said...

I will concede both the gold hoop and the long hair--you rock them both. I am not budging on the bedspread, though.

taremy: working it since 2003 said...

sister h -
i'll throw my opinion out there!!
i still have my silver hoop cart. peircing...and i will argue that it took far too long to heal to just let it close. i think i got mine junior year of high school... perhaps not the coolest thing anymore, but i'm holding strong!
if you don't do long hair now...when will you?! try it.
i've never seen return of the jedi...so i suppose i can't have an opinion on that.
love you!
a few things i should let go of, but probably won't:
1. a wig collection for dressing up to do pranks
2. the jeans that fit when i was my smallest (let's admit it...they're never going to fit again)
3. my hanson night gown that says mmmbop on the bottom
xoxo
Tara

anduin said...

I'm curious if you had any helpful points for Abby.

Amanda said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Tara has never seen Return of the Jedi? There is someone out here that hasn't seen Return of the Jedi? The ewoks! The bikini! Unfrozen Han! I am seriously in dismay here.

Katie said...

I read this and immediately took out the silver hoop in my cartilage. It's over! I guess I just needed someone to tell me straight. I agree with Abby on the bedspread (what??) but Han, your hair is lovely. Long or short. The K sisters always have good hair.