I'm at the end of a two-week marathon of traveling alone. More. Laura and I parted ways 18 days ago and I've been hosteling, couchsurfing, staying with friends-of-friends and family friends. I've seen a lot of beautiful lakes and ocean. In other situations it would be dreamy to be in NZ for two weeks with just a rental car and a map but I'm weary.
I went to an Anglican church last Sunday and wept through the whole liturgy. At the end of the service a little old Kiwi lady said, "Oh, you're lonely, come to granny." There have been graces along the way. Today I join my colleagues from Afghanistan and their family on the north island. The prospect has kept me going for days. I don't think vacations are supposed to be that way. Twenty-five days until I'm home. We'll see how that goes.





I went to an Anglican church last Sunday and wept through the whole liturgy. At the end of the service a little old Kiwi lady said, "Oh, you're lonely, come to granny." There have been graces along the way. Today I join my colleagues from Afghanistan and their family on the north island. The prospect has kept me going for days. I don't think vacations are supposed to be that way. Twenty-five days until I'm home. We'll see how that goes.





5 comments:
Lincoln and I wish we were in NZ with you! Travel safe!
It makes me sad when you are sad; hang in there dear friend! Praying for you and hope our paths cross sometime while you're home. lots of love...xoxo AK
Every time you pick at your food, I am with you. ;)
I love you.
Before I go back to my doc studies in January, I would love to come see you if possible.
I sort of want to break into "You Are Not Alone" by Michael Jackson. Is that weird?
I cry at liturgies. I can't seem to make it through my Advent readings without tearing up. I had a conversation with you last night (in my head, also very weird) about all of this that I can't wait to have with your real person. Safe travels and enjoy your time with colleagues and fam.
xoxo
There are lots of good things about being grounded. Maybe it is time to put down roots..... We will be very happy to have you home!
Love you!
Mother
Post a Comment