We had a, how you say, false start back in May. I sent a poorly-worded email that he understood as a proposal during a trip to visit his friends in Zurich. We laugh about it now...
It did result in a very pretty ring from a boutique on the Swiss/German border.
For the real proposal, apparently there were a few versions that involved the beautiful rock formation Vedawoo and us being somewhere near the top. For one reason or another, being too close to the edge of the cliff with the sun setting too fast, or not getting there early enough to beat the crowds for the Vertical Dance, it didn't happen there.
It happened in Ft. Collins, Colorado at a lovely little restaurant called Jay's Bistro out on the patio. We'd had a delicious dinner (lobster mac & cheese, buffalo carpaccio, and champagne were highlights) and it was about 10 pm, so everyone else had cleared out. Tom was holding my left hand, eyeing it, and I suspected him moments before he asked me to marry him.
I didn't hesitate to say yes. I'd come to that conclusion in the month prior, after much thought and overthought.
Then we had chocolate ravioli and gazed adoringly into each other's eyes before heading back to Wyoming.
Our life together starts October 29, 2011.
6 comments:
WOO HOO! So happy for you!!
I just got all teary--what a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing--although, now I want some chocolate ravioli!
Thanks be to God!! Many times over. Love you and now Tom too, whom I look forward to meeting. <3
congrats Hannah! I am excited for you!
yessssssssssss! :) so excited for you, sister h!
Beautiful story, beautiful couple. So happy for both of you!
Post a Comment