Friday, September 16, 2011

Three seasons with Stacia and David

This year I've had cause to go to New York City thrice. Once was at the end of my debrief in Pennsylvania in February when I visited Stacia with Eden. Then I applied for a job with Doctors Without Borders/MSF and was invited to an interview in May. On that occasion Tom came with me. And just this past week I spent three days at MSF Information Days in NYC, a sort of orientation and the last part of the recruitment process, and then an extra two nights.

On each visit I've had the pleasure of staying with Stacia and her husband David. I met Stacia in Kabul at the beginning of 2009 where she was working a second stint as a midwife. Now they live and work in Manhattan. It's been sweet to be there in winter, spring, and summer. As with many of my friends, we never know the when or where of our next meeting.

David and Stacia

Their darling apartment

Me and my sweetie in May

The Fashion Week set last week

1 World Trade Center on 9/8/2011

No parking at Ground Zero

1 comment:

stacia said...

We loved having you here again! Round out the year with a visit in the fall! :)