Thursday, December 22, 2011

Two links and an endorsement

Tom and my wedding is online. Kiss somewhere in the last five minutes, I think.

The little house in Denver where we're staying for this month, popping in and out of Wyoming to put our things from our parents' homes in storage.

And finally, after many years of switching between the anti-persperant Dry Idea and various forms of deoderant, I seem to have found a deoderant that works. And that is Herbal Magic® Roll-On Deoderant. It is not inexpensive, found at the Ft. Collins Whole Foods. Its first ingredient is Algae Extract.

After having tried somewhere between five and ten different types of deoderants without aluminum base in the past five to ten years, my experience is that they either don't work or they give me a rash, or both. (I argued for months with the university nurse that my Tom's of Maine deoderant couldn't possibly be why my armpits itched, until I finally stopped using it and my armpits stopped itching.) In the era where it was difficult to launder clothes I went back to Dry Idea because it does work and I couldn't afford to make my clothes stink extra. But Herbal Magic® Roll-On Deoderant is a coming home.

###

I note Lavilin, an Israeli deoderant, worked too, but it's très expensive and the application process is weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought you would appreciate this: I told my sister about your deodorant recommendation around the time I read your post. Over a year later (tonight), she calls to say she wants to order some but can't find her notes on what the brand was. In the meantime, she has searched all her emails for the word 'deodorant' and came across a funny incident I had while in Kabul. We had a good laugh over it! I did remember who had made the recommendation and managed to find this post again. She's ordered some now so hopefully it works for her too. Thanks :)