Sunday, June 2, 2013

The 500th post

What is worthy of the 500th post?  Roses?  Driving 30 of 77 hours for the chance to ride naughty horses and stay in a yurt on a long weekend?  The view from Cafe Paris, so named for the electrical "Eiffel" tower obstructing the 180 degree view?

 Spring has lasted three months, I kid you not

These roses smell divine

 He owns the [sheep] on a thousand hills

 They actually had given me their permission,
the grandma is making a felt rug

 When a rock was thrown in this mountain lake the splashes froze!

Two of my colleagues, A & H, the scarf is for the sun

The view over my city from Cafe Paris

And just like that, I've been blogging for eight years.  Eight years.  

Occasionally I go back and read what I've written and enjoy discovering thoughts I have thoughten and now forgotten.  I had not planned for a blog to be the most consistent thing in my life over these years.  I started writing it the night before I left for California, after two months of living in Wheatland with high school sophomore Charlie, working at a bank and substitute teaching, having made him chocolate chip cheesecake for his 16th birthday the night before and taken him to get his driver's license.  It was to chronicle the beginning of an adventure that has not stopped.

Tonight as I sit on my bed scratching exotic bug bites, or at least bites of mosquitoes to whose venom I am not accustomed, Tom and I email real estate listings back and forth.  We hope for the adventure to take a domestic turn soon.  I will try to keep the blog fires burning. As long as a few people read it, I enjoy writing it.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you for writing for so long--for sharing yourself with friends near and far.

ali said...

I'm reading! And I always love what you write, friend. xo

Jennifer Miller said...

Definitely enjoy your insightful internet blurbs! Congrats on 8 years and 500 posts!

megarber said...

Congratulations! What a diary of an amazing adventure over the past however many years. I want to keep in touch with the domestic turn as well, so count me in. :)