We had a nice Christmas in Wyoming, pinballing between Tom's parents and mine. It's not an entirely restful recipe, but I'll take it when it comes to splitting time. We got to see both families every day from 23 Dec-26 Dec, including an all-party outing to Saving Mr. Banks.
Here are three sweet gifts I received, by no means exclusive of many lovely things:
My grandma, Maggie sent the Nantucket lightship basket made by a friend of her and my grandpa. There is a story about how Daddo ran into that Massachusetts friend in a hospital in Normandy in 1945, and he subsequently moved to Nantucket and learned how to make lightship baskets, but I need to have Maggie write it down.
The Moravian star. Cousin Anna from Tom's side gave it to me in the family exchange. One of our neighbors here had one hanging from her house as her Christmas decoration and I thought it was so pretty.
Tom gave me Chanel No. 5. I did not entirely realize we were giving each other presents, so in fact, only one of us gave the other a present. (It's not for a lack of ideas or shopping prowess!) But I'm mostly just enjoying that he went for it when I expected nothing.
Here are three sweet gifts I received, by no means exclusive of many lovely things:
My grandma, Maggie sent the Nantucket lightship basket made by a friend of her and my grandpa. There is a story about how Daddo ran into that Massachusetts friend in a hospital in Normandy in 1945, and he subsequently moved to Nantucket and learned how to make lightship baskets, but I need to have Maggie write it down.
The Moravian star. Cousin Anna from Tom's side gave it to me in the family exchange. One of our neighbors here had one hanging from her house as her Christmas decoration and I thought it was so pretty.
Tom gave me Chanel No. 5. I did not entirely realize we were giving each other presents, so in fact, only one of us gave the other a present. (It's not for a lack of ideas or shopping prowess!) But I'm mostly just enjoying that he went for it when I expected nothing.

No comments:
Post a Comment