Saturday, March 29, 2014

Babies

Two weeks ago, I visited my grandparents in Phoenix, Arizona. Tom was working in Michigan and I haven't been feeling well so I went down for a little sunshine and TLC in the shape of pancakes with Grandma Pat's syrup. And Bankaw went to get the old bike gear fixed and came back with a new Schwinn cruiser, which I rode around a man-made lake multiple times daily, loving the warmth, birds,  flowers, and palm trees. 

The other special thing is that my childhood friend, Crystal, lives about 10 miles away. I was visiting the week her first baby was due. Three years ago just now, I was in her wedding to Troy, a few days before Tom and I started dating. I didn't have high expectations that her baby would be born while I was there, but we did get to have dinner one night and a walk around aforementioned lake another day, after brunch by Grandma Pat.

I ended up extending my stay by two days because Tom wasn't getting home until Monday. Would you know my luck but that Crystal had little baby C on Sunday while I was still there! I got to cuddle him when he was 12 hours old - isn't he the sweetest fellow.

Which leads me to another related story.

I am growing Tom and my own precious little baby. Here it was about a month ago (top right hand side you can see its brain, and it's torso to the left). I'm just coming out of a hibernation after three months of being very sick. My mom was sick and very sick with her pregnancies, and her mom before her, and I have been sick. Let Tom tell you about it some time. Things are going better with anti-nausea medication and maybe the passage of time, though it's overstayed its first trimester. We're hoping for a birthday very near to Tom's at the beginning of September. Thanks be to God for new life, and that it's almost spring.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, Crystal's baby looks so sweet and so like her! Adorable!

Nadia said...

Congrats Hannah! May the sickness ease soon!

Linda Anderson said...

That's lovely, Hannah. Your life will never be the same in amazingly wonderful ways.