Ever so subtly, since October or November of 2013, I have included a link from this blog to my Instagram account.
Why did I start an Instagram account wherein I share my life with friends and Facebook and the NSA? To see my sister and Bens' Instagram pictures of a cat show. It always starts that way.
A careful observer would see a correlating decline in my blog posts to my membership on Instagram. I would describe it thusly:
1) Your pictures go from your phone to Instagram, no need to email them to yourself, then download, or plug in the SD card and download, then upload. It's easier.
2) There is only room for a few pithy words and hashtags. It's easier.
3) When Google Reader got canceled, suddenly it became more difficult to follow everyone's blog in one place. I use Feedly, but it's not as good and requires a separate login. Instagram gives you everyone who participates in one real-time timeline.
4) You still have a voice to 10+ friends who care, though they may be a different 10 friends than you had before. My dad does not have Instagram. Neither does Anduin.
I'm sad I don't have the same blog record for 2014 that I did in previous years, but my life was a little less interesting than it has been. For now I will try to maintain my blog somehow, but if you would like fairly regular updates, you can find me at http://instagram.com/XAHHAXKK. That's Cyrillic for HANNAHKK. Cute pictures of Max drop regularly.
Why did I start an Instagram account wherein I share my life with friends and Facebook and the NSA? To see my sister and Bens' Instagram pictures of a cat show. It always starts that way.
A careful observer would see a correlating decline in my blog posts to my membership on Instagram. I would describe it thusly:
1) Your pictures go from your phone to Instagram, no need to email them to yourself, then download, or plug in the SD card and download, then upload. It's easier.
2) There is only room for a few pithy words and hashtags. It's easier.
3) When Google Reader got canceled, suddenly it became more difficult to follow everyone's blog in one place. I use Feedly, but it's not as good and requires a separate login. Instagram gives you everyone who participates in one real-time timeline.
4) You still have a voice to 10+ friends who care, though they may be a different 10 friends than you had before. My dad does not have Instagram. Neither does Anduin.
I'm sad I don't have the same blog record for 2014 that I did in previous years, but my life was a little less interesting than it has been. For now I will try to maintain my blog somehow, but if you would like fairly regular updates, you can find me at http://instagram.com/XAHHAXKK. That's Cyrillic for HANNAHKK. Cute pictures of Max drop regularly.
Three days ago
1 comment:
I made the blog!
I'm thankful because I can still see your instagram postings. Thanks for keeping up your insights on the blog now and then, too.
Post a Comment