For the last 20 years, I have been a People-watcher. My school librarian took the magazine and I read it cover-to-cover every week. I still wish for the pair of Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow, for Johnny Depp and Kate Moss.
The 2000s were a bit of a bore with the advent of reality TV and celebrities for celebrity sake a la Paris Hilton/Kardashians. I favor movie stars and their new movies.
My dad and I share this fondness for People, and he recently got 12 weeks free through his alumni association. He brought me the new Princess Charlotte! Inside Her First Days at Home edition.
Prince William has always been of interest in my celebrity sphere; we were born the same year. His stock was highest when he used to have hair and wasn't yet shacking up with his princess-to-be. "Wills," Sarah Ellis and I called him. Back then there was still hope he might pick a girl from Wyoming. That has given over the the charm and awe of he and Kate's wedding in 2011, the year I also married, and their subsequent parenthood and accessible royal celebrity in general.
Though I find People in relatively good taste (I never read the lesser rags unless I'm at a doctor's office), I thought their coverage of Charlotte's birth was particularly sweet.
The Palace tweeted, "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a daughter at 8.34am." Like many others, I was almost incredulous at Kate's stunningness 10 hours after giving birth to her second child, and chuckled when I read the Russian press said she had to have given birth three days prior.
But to the sweetness, "Kate told friends she planned to take a longer break from her duties than the eight weeks she had off following George's birth. 'She wants to have that mother time,' says a royal source, 'and enjoy it with George and the new baby.' She and William are eager to settle into the 'golden' period of their lives, says the pal."
The Golden Period. I remember my Grandpa Ken saying his thirties were his best decade because he had accumulated some life experience and they were raising their boys. Now admittedly, being a new mother and having a golden time is enhanced by having a nanny and cooks and houses full of staff. But I thought of myself and my little family, tracking along with our own little golden period. We don't need Scottish estates to enjoy our Max boy and living among our family and friends.
The 2000s were a bit of a bore with the advent of reality TV and celebrities for celebrity sake a la Paris Hilton/Kardashians. I favor movie stars and their new movies.
My dad and I share this fondness for People, and he recently got 12 weeks free through his alumni association. He brought me the new Princess Charlotte! Inside Her First Days at Home edition.
Prince William has always been of interest in my celebrity sphere; we were born the same year. His stock was highest when he used to have hair and wasn't yet shacking up with his princess-to-be. "Wills," Sarah Ellis and I called him. Back then there was still hope he might pick a girl from Wyoming. That has given over the the charm and awe of he and Kate's wedding in 2011, the year I also married, and their subsequent parenthood and accessible royal celebrity in general.
The royal wedding, four years ago
Though I find People in relatively good taste (I never read the lesser rags unless I'm at a doctor's office), I thought their coverage of Charlotte's birth was particularly sweet.
The Palace tweeted, "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a daughter at 8.34am." Like many others, I was almost incredulous at Kate's stunningness 10 hours after giving birth to her second child, and chuckled when I read the Russian press said she had to have given birth three days prior.
But to the sweetness, "Kate told friends she planned to take a longer break from her duties than the eight weeks she had off following George's birth. 'She wants to have that mother time,' says a royal source, 'and enjoy it with George and the new baby.' She and William are eager to settle into the 'golden' period of their lives, says the pal."
The royal family this month
The Golden Period. I remember my Grandpa Ken saying his thirties were his best decade because he had accumulated some life experience and they were raising their boys. Now admittedly, being a new mother and having a golden time is enhanced by having a nanny and cooks and houses full of staff. But I thought of myself and my little family, tracking along with our own little golden period. We don't need Scottish estates to enjoy our Max boy and living among our family and friends.


1 comment:
Beautiful thoughts! The golden period--I love it.
Post a Comment