This is a light post, but tonight I thought of two pairs of shoes that I dearly wanted in years past. They are:
1998
2003
I can't say why I never got them, and now the admiration has faded. I wonder if that would generally happen if I/we were to always deny ourselves for long enough?
And then lately I did get two new pairs of shoes. One is my beloved Birkenstock Gizeh. They come in narrow sizes and I can literally wear them every day for all summer months. It's my fifth pair because the cork doesn't last forever. Will my style hold for another decade?
I'm a little bit proud that I bargained with a shopkeeper in Steamboat, and not on a bazaar, for their last pair of blue Oxfords. Apropos, I had wanted a pair of Oxford shoes since 2011, when I saw a grey pair at Nordstroms.
(2004, 2008, 2010, 2012) 2015
2015
1 comment:
I have 3 pairs of those exact Birks and I love them!! They look good with everything!
Post a Comment