Friday, September 18, 2015

Max's first birthday - two weeks ago

I remember my childhood birthdays fondly (Peter Rabbit theme perhaps the apex, age 7), and throughout life, always having felt celebrated on my birthday. So, I looked forward to celebrating Max, and even more so into the future when these days take on a magical quality for a child. He didn't have a lot of agency in planning this year, so I went with Where the Wild Things Are theme as a play on his name. 

In the weeks leading up to his birthday, this year, I enjoyed my sweet memories of this time last year. It was the joy for a lifetime to get ready for him and then meet him after a lot of hard work. It was even better than beating Albin at Regionals when I was a sophomore to qualify for the state basketball tournament (Haha, that's for you, Anduin). 

The invitation email

We had the party on the porch of our new house, 
Uncle Charlie gave a smash cake as part of his gift, 
Grammy Lynn made caramel pretzel brownies for 
the grown-ups and brought flowers from her garden,
Grandma Joy furnished us with her famous enchiladas

 Airplane!

 Daddy

 Uncle Ben came from Denver

Between being a reluctant eater
and the crowd, this was as far as he got 

Pressies! He made out like a bandit.

 I'm obsessed with how cute he is in his helmet

Photo thanks to my mother a.k.a. Grammy Lynn.

No comments: