In answer to the question, What did you do?, I kept company with Sheryl.
She is a woman who spent the last thirty years raising kids, homeschooling the majority of them for the majority of their time (yielding one conservative Republican powerhouse, one Marc Jacobs designer, one cook, one art student, and one senior at a university prep school), and in the past two or three years has, as she said, returned to the adult world. In the same way she dived into being a mother without knowing how, she has dived into real estate. Driving this is a decade's worth of dreams of creating a place for foster kids transitioning out of "the system" into adulthood.
This place involves specific properties - student apartments near the university, a gorgeous farm, a 14-plex - within a 10 mile radius, that other people currently own. The plan is to build a funding base with her current and expanding holdings (i.e. the 14-plex) to finance these dreams. It is slow going at times, as with most things we think the Lord ought to rubber stamp. My work there was dreaming with her.
We'd hoped to make more sourcing excursions, but her back went into a spazing pattern that was off and on for the better part of our time. We still managed to get around, see quite a bit of the area, talk and pray through her places. But that is what I was doing.
My other "thing" was applying for jobs; making connections with everyone I know who knows someone or some project along my lines. I am near the end of those resources and yet without a job (though I won't start anything until after Christmas anyway). November begins a resume papering campaign. God has kindly strung me along with various leads, so I remain optimistic.
2 comments:
Beautiful view - they also sound like beautiful people.
Have you left for Copenhagen yet?
Post a Comment