As I consider flying to Denmark (and ultimately the Faroe Islands) this evening, I wanted to give certain props to The States, US, The US, or America, depending on your persuasion.
The first is prevalence of public restrooms - and not only public, but generally clean and always free. This is not nearly the case elsewhere and the results range from a pain to I Can't Say.
The second is country music. It is even more rare than a toilet when you need one, once cross the vast oceans. I don't defend all of country music, especially the recent variety that holds vacationing in Mexico as a tenet of being a cowboy. But Kenny Chesney notwithstanding (Flip Flop Summer Tour 2007 - what?), there is no other genre that so owns singing about honorable themes. Again, not always honorable, but hits regularly include stories of commitment, love, aging, perseverance, all played with a steel guitar. And they sing about Cheyenne.
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment