Sunday, December 30, 2007

26.2 miles of Frodo

I spent the Thursday blizzard at Amanda and Marks' house in Greeley. There could be nowhere cozier for our Lord of the Rings extended edition marathon. To enhance the 12 hours, we observed hobbit meals.
First Breakfast: honey wheat toast, butter, jams, tea
Second Breakfast: eggs, more toast, tea, (unfortunately sister Sarah and the bacon were snowed in Denver)
Elevensies: cheese, crackers, apples, cinnamon sugar cream
Luncheon: chicken barley vegetable soup, egg bread, crackers, root beer, blackberry tarts
Tea: scones, butter, tea
Dinner: fish and chips, peas
Supper: [burnt out, we could only drink our] cherry beer

Elevensies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady...I met a visiting second cousin from NZ yesterday (as we do) and volunteered to take her to the city this morning at 7 am as she's leaving this evening. Obviously, nothing was open, but I took her to the favourite lanes, etc. She asked me how I found out about all these places, and I ended up telling her about my adventurous friend Hannah who taught me, in part, how to live in my own city.

Your LOTR marathon just reminded me of the way you go about life.. and I love it.

abby said...

H,
I am full of comments tonight.

What a feast! You inspire me. Now I just have to con Ben into watching LOTR. I have my work cut out for me.

I am downloading all of LOTR audiobooks from BBC. Hobbits forever!

A