It was the under-10 Cheyenne Capitals, featuring my cousin Brady. They ended in a draw. In the process, I learned about Hockey Hair, which is a shaggy look perhaps inspired by Ovechkin whose jersey B was wearing after the game. Also, it's cold in hockey rinks. Yeah, duh maybe, but I was underdressed.
From there, I stayed with Amanda and Mark in Greeley. Amanda may now be hooked on watching movies with English subtitles as they introduced me to Wimbledon.
Yesterday I took the Foreign Service Officer Test in Greeley. It's basically the only way into the State Department. I didn't have high hopes, lots of dragging the feet to register and very little reading of the college texts from inner-library loan. I though it would be good to have seen it if I do get serious in a few years.
It went fine, gut reaction, but didn't help that I took an Irish/American class in Belfast in place of the American History class at JBU. There were no questions about Cromwell, the potato famine, Yeats, or Sinn Féin.
2 comments:
It was great fun having you stay and discuss foreign service. I hope everything at state basketball is going well--are you going to try to get a peak at the presidential candidates roaming Wyoming?
Since we weren't able to join you in so many of your other wonderful 'firsts' like world travel, etc. I'm glad we could at least be around to join you for your first hockey game! Thanks for sharing the afternoon with us! -T., Michelle and family
Post a Comment