Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Silvester

On the brink of 2009, "Silvester" if you've been hanging around Germans for the past five days, I'll sum up my Christmas.

On Dec 20, my flatmate went to visit the town where she'll live after we finish language lessons.  Since then, I've had a spate of sleep-overs with three different families.  I went to a lovely candlelight Christmas Eve program and I was part of a carol choir that went to the Serena Hotel, one of the poshest in the city, on Christmas Eve to serenade in exchange for their magnificent buffet with 14 desserts.  

Christmas Day I split between my two Kabul hosts, breakfast and evening snacks and Lord of the Rings Risk with one and lunch and Balderdash with the other.  They both had Christmas trees and mulled cider and it was generally a festive atmosphere.  Plus I got to video Skype with everyone at home and have a good chat with Abby Christmas evening.  

I got nice presents from a friends here, and Nannie & Pawpa's package arrived on the 23rd and I'm the one who's been with Germans in another city for the past five days, so I'm not sure if the other packages have arrived yet, but I'll check tomorrow.  And post pictures from my trip.  

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Dan and Lynn said...

Hope your package is waiting! We had one of the best parties ever complete with a vintage "Danny" game! But we missed having you! Eating more fondue leftovers today! They were gourment! Love you lots and Happy New Year! Can't wait for the pictures!!!