Sunday, June 14, 2009

The business and the amoebas

Last week, I led a business lesson for girls who’d done a training in either make-up or hair-cutting. For example, if asked, every girl would give earnings to help an aunt or other member of the family. We did a role-play to emphasize you can give away the profits, but some has to be saved to replenish supplies. We talked about appropriate pricing. Since the lady from Mazar in the New City charges 150 Afs ($3) for a ‘steps’ haircut (layers), what would be a good price to get customers and experience? One group came to the conclusion of 100 Afs themselves.

My good friend Katie now of Denver was the favorite babysitter of the beautician who gave the training.

From there it was straight on to the amoebas. Sweet mercy, I can’t remember pain like that since I don’t know when, probably 35 trips to the toilet in two days. I’m four days in, two of which have been with Metronidazole and now mostly just weak from my 400 calorie/day diet. I hope to go in for work most of tomorrow.

7 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

I can hardly stand to think of you that sick and alone there....I remember a time in ninth grade that you were sick like that and it was kind of scary. Praying for full restoration! Love you!
Mother

Carolie said...

OH, Miss Hannah. Sorry to hear that you are ill. What a "crappy" deal. . . no pun intended. . . LOL. God Bless and heal you!!

Blessings,
Carolie

Amanda said...

Oh, get well, my dear! No fun at all! Love from here--Lincoln shares a sympathetic cry for his Auntie Hannah.

gpt said...

It is bearable knowing you are in a desolate place doing good deeds, but hearing you are sick is just about more than an aunt can take. The fact that you are blogging must mean you are on the healing side of this stuff. Don't rush back to work to soon. My prayers are with you. Love, Greta

mlh said...

ay-ya-yi. Am praying you don't get that guy again.

Anonymous said...

Amoeba sucks.. I'm so sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

Leah said...

sorry friend, that sounds awful. I'm proud of the work you're doing though:)

love you, L