Take that everyone who hates on me for de-greasing my pizza.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Champion against oil
For the past few weeks, we had an expat nutritionalist come and run different adult groups. Her considerable energies go towards advocating Afghans consume less oil. Oily rice is an absolute staple of their diet. I went to a party a few days ago and the ratio was 21 kg of rice to 6 Liters of oil. I'm sorry I can't reduce that down to a more understandable number than 46 lbs of rice and 1.5 gallons of oil. She got a hospital cafeteria in Kabul to reduce their oil use from 300 liters a month to 70.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Whenever I eat pizza, I think of you sponging it off. I can't imagine eating rice with that ratio of oil. Dear lord.
My stomach just turned. But you're writing about food, which must mean you're feeling better? I do hope so! Nothing worse than being THAT kind of sick with no one to say "you poor thing!" Bleccch.
On a happier note, so so so glad you met my former "babysitting client." Those connections are encouraging in the strangest ways.
Whoa. That is unreal. How do you do it?? Or eat it, even.
Post a Comment