I'm a little embarrassed to say I couldn't give two points in the American healthcare debate.
But on my team there are two women, a nurse and a doctor, both from the US. The doctor and I were invited around for 1st birthday cake at the home of the nurse and her family. The nurse reminisced about the birth of her baby a year ago. She is Mayo Clinic Rochester trained, but her insurance wasn't good enough for her to go there, so she had the baby by caesarian in a county hospital elsewhere in Minnesota. It cost $20,000 - a planned caesarian, no surprises.
The lady doctor laughed. When she performed a caesarian at the hospital in the remote provincial hospital where she worked for a decade, they charged either 100 or 150 Afs. That is, $2 or $3.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Roger, the Canadian, says that it is all about caps on costs... price regulation. They have better health care in Canada and is costs them less and all are insured. We have 50 million on the states with nothing and it costs us more....
Post a Comment