
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Our hearts are broken.
We are just beginning to say goodbye to 10 of our ranks, six of whom I knew, one of whom was a very close friend. You can follow it in the international media. I spent yesterday afternoon cleaning my kitchen and bathroom to host the ladies last night, when they were supposed to arrive. These were the faithful, legends in their own time and beloved of friends and colleagues.

Playing volleyball with two of them in 2008

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So, so sorry to read the news and know you knew them. Will be asking for much grace and comfort for you and all involved.
We grieve... we feel totally helpless.... we are so concerned for you and the rest of you there.....it seems like such a waste of fine and talented people....
Oh Hannah, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am. My heart is truly hurting for all of you! Please be safe and know you are being prayed for. Can't wait to see you when you get home! XOXO
Yes to all said here. I too was very alarmed at the news...wondered if you knew them because of the proximity to your own work. Praying for you and others there giving mercy and love... and those dear to these caring victims of senseless violence, including, of course, you, dear Hannah.
I've haven't been able to access the internet for two days, maybe thats been a small mercy.
I don't have words, and in truth it still doesn't seem real. When it hits home the devestation will be all too real.
I wish I was there with you guys to grieve for our brother and sisters.
Better to die for something you believe in than live with no purpose at all.
My heart breaks for such great people being taken. We morn with you and pray for God's healing and comforting spirit to be with those surrounding this tragedy.
Post a Comment