
Map of May 22-May 30
A. Omaha, Nebraska. cont.
B. Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Home of Mick, Jeremy, Tara. This may be the only stop on my trip where upon arrival, I'm sucked into a water balloon intrigue. Jeremy and I were the decoys while Mick and a minion ambushed Tara & her friend outside her apartment. Jeremy had graciously locked the door after letting Tara go out in front of him. E. East Grand Forks, Minnesota. Well, Fargo first for Nickel Creek, but it was on the way. I met my cousin, Anduin, for the best sort of concert - where they're better live than they are on disc. A rare thing indeed.

Then onto Anduin's house that she's refinishing with her husband of six months , who had been sent off to Puerto Rico by the Air Force. This is the first time Anduin hasn't lived in Wyoming, and I'm so impressed by how she's delved in, learned the history of the town (the 1997 flood came up in any conversation with locals), knew the best coffee shop, and taken a job with an ethanol magazine. (Pictured: Alan, Lindi, and Anduin in Anduin's makeshift kitchen/laundry room - the dryer provides more counter space the the house had when they bought it).D. Winnipeg, Manitoba. My time at Anduin's overlapped some with her parents' visit, my Aunt Lindi & Uncle Alan. On Friday night, we drove up to Winnipeg, a first for all of us. We did dinner at a restaurant with five courses, four of which we each got to choose. With a little cooperation, we each ordered a different thing and then passed it around the table, for a total of 15 tastes throughout the evening. As may be the case with many families, we admire and love each other but never get to spend time together, but these days had the blessing of time to talk and listen.
F. St. Paul, Minnesota. Nannie & Pawpa Westerman's house. The afternoon I arrived, cousin Charlotte turned three. At her party, I got to see the whole Westerman family - Aunt Katy, Uncle Larry, cousin Lara, Aunt Sue, Uncle Jon. Besides that, chillin' like a villain. A little Mall of America, a little coffee with JBU friend Rachel Cureton, and a lot of reading "The Kite Runner."
G. Rochester, Minnesota. I came to visit old friends of my dad's from InterVarsity days, the Haacks. We thought about it and don't believe we've ever met. They're wonderfully hospitable and great to sit around and listen to iTunes. Check out their work at Ransom Fellowship.
No comments:
Post a Comment