Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Home is where the family is

Everyone came home for the weekend. When we said goodbye in January, I thought it would be a year and a half before we were all together again. I got in on Thursday, Mick & Jeremy on Friday, and Abby on Saturday. After having the seven of us + two dogs in the 940 square foot house, with our six cars parked outside, Dad said the neighbors would probably be happy to have the drug dealers back who lived here before us.

Though it had been in the works since Christmas (and in the making for 13 years), Dad and Mother each adopted their respective step-children on Monday. It’s the last time the KWs will just be seven as we add our eighth, the lovely and sweet Tara VandePol, in October.


Charlie and Mick, together again.
Chas, Abby, and Jeremy at the cottage.


Mother and her BF Gus.
Hannah and her BF Abby, sporting the J.Lo circa Bennifer and Paris Hilton bling.

After the adoption. In the eight weeks since I saw Charlie, he's gained another inch. This, unfortunately, is the last time I will be fourth tallest.

No comments: