
Map of May 12-May 22
A. Wheatland, Wyoming. House of the KW's post-fire. Abby & I left each in our own car and drove all day texting and switching iPods to pass the time.
B. Omaha, Nebraska. Home of Ali Arant, former roommate at "Get your kicks at 616" Maple Street. She is a balm to the soul. I would want to share her with any friend. I left my car in Omaha on her street.
C. Chicago. Abby and I drove from Omaha enjoying each others company as true roadies. We couchsurfed with a lovely couple and their baby and brother/brother-in-law. They showed us Bleeding Heart Café, which, if it didn't have so much pink, is a place I wish I owned, making every sort of healthy, hearty, and organic brunch food. Really, I'd like to develop a specialty of brunch so that when anyone comes to visit me someday in Vancouver or oh, Agadir, I can serve them the best quiche they've ever had.
D.Marshall/Waveland/Byron/Turkey Run, Indiana. Abby & I attended the one week Byron Fellowship at the national FCA campground. I thought it was going to be more Wendell Berry, but it ended up with a stronger emphasis on design and responsible development of housing. There were more architects and people from Pennsylvania than I'd ever been around at one time. C. Chicago. Stayed with Nicole and had lovely time with my sis. See previous post. Missed my flight from Chicago to Omaha by about five minutes. While I was standing there panting, begging for mercy, the airline lady closed the door to the tunnel saying, "I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do about it." Hopefully I got being late for flights out of my system.

Abby & Hannah at The Bean
A. Omaha, Nebraska. Ali picked me up, having graciously adjusted her schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment