Before it was bad tummy or fever in Kabul once every three weeks, but never had to visit the pharmacy. Here I'm already on my second round of something stiff in five weeks. What I'm taking now kills worms in three days and giardia in five.
//
Since moving here, I've enjoyed the first regular correspondence of our lives with all three of my brothers.
Mick has given me permission to post something from his debut email, also in the vein of dating, as was Charles' before him. They're at such a precious age.
In other news, I have had myself a few dates here and there over the last month. The first was a blind date (my first) that Tara set me up on. I took the girl to Chevy's Mexican restraunt and then mini-golfing. It was pretty fun and I was hoping to take her out again, but she then informed Tara that she was only interested in black guys. PS she's white and from South Dakota...good luck. The only silver lining I could find was that at least I'd never heard that reason for not liking me before.
*edit
this blog was going to be titled "If I never get another flea bite it will be too soon,"
3 comments:
Sweetheart! Praying for every bug to be destroyed. I am SO sorry that you are sick again! I had giardia once... it was rough and I lost 15 lbs. You don't have that to lose so be careful! Mick's commentary... how hilarious!!! We met a great girl for him last weekend. Now we just have to figure out how to get them together...Miss you!!!
Hi Han, so sorry to hear of your sicknesses. You are much tougher than I! If you can come home, I would love to make you some chicken noodles soup. Until then, xoxo. Miss you too! AK
only you hans, somehow those small creatures are loving that chugwater blood!
one of my favorite things about families is seeing each other pass through different seasons.
hope your body is healing friend.
xL
Post a Comment