Sunday, October 17, 2010

Two dear friends

September was a good month of friends. I had to travel to Kabul ahead of the Eid holidays ending Ramadan so as not to get stuck in my town on the day we left for Sweden on a work trip. I ended up in Kabul among expat friends who also had the three-days holiday, but instead of leaving the country as with longer breaks, we were all there together. Fun slumber parties, games of Settlers, movie-watching, it was rare and very sweet.

Dharshi happened to be there during that time. A friend from JBU and subsequently Melbourne, Australia, she came to Kabul over Eid to check things out. I got to see her twice, once for a four or five-hour lunch, and again introducing her to my Ktown friends. Worlds collided to have her there with me, picking up just where we left off a year ago.

With a special salaam aleikum to EKIII
who I'm pretty sure doesn't read this blog

Solveig met me for the weekend in Copenhagen, Denmark. She became a particularly close friend of Fay and mine during our first six months in Kabul, the first Norwegian in my heart, and has since moved home. She visited for three nights, including two back in Sweden for the end of our trip. I finally have all 1,186 of our group pictures compiled and will show more of our time in Copenhagen when I get the chance.

Me and Solveig jan

1 comment:

taremy: working it since 2003 said...

hannah! i love your long hair! it's so femanine and pretty!
:)