In Seattle I met Charlie and his two buddies from Wyoming who'd gone there for Spring Break. I also got to visit Kristin Gilfillan and Vicky Zeledon, college friends and the latter my beloved roommate. Good times exploring the city and hitting the happy hours at dinner time. One particularly special night, Charlie joined me and Vicky and a group of her friends at a restaurant overlooking the city and the water and the setting sun, which made a rare springtime appearance.
I traveled with Charlie to his college town. We couldn't have had more fun or better talks. He gave me the tour, showed me his favorite spots, we watched his team in the quarterfinals of the NIT basketball tournament, and made dinner for 20 of his friends. We nearly had words about there being no meat in the curry, but in the end it was a big hit.

It was very special to be a part of Crystal's wedding. We had a fun weekend with spring training baseball, amazing rehearsal dinner, general hanging out, petting the cats, slumber party, old friends, and a lovely wedding. Ten of Crystal's aunts and uncles were there from Iowa, including an assortment of cousins, and you could say it was a dancing crowd. I also managed to squeeze in some time for fresh orange juice with my grandparents who live nearby.


1 comment:
Can you say, over kill of the cat-eyed glasses?!?! LOL! So great to be able to spend time with you both. xoxo
Post a Comment