Anyway, I was pleased to find Burts Bee's had put out a tinted lip balm. I've tried basically every lip product they've ever sold, and think some are good and some are a waste of time. These new tints fall in the really good category. I can pronounce nearly all the ingredients, the colors are there but not too there, the aroma is fruity, and it unchaps lips. At $7 a pop, it's double the cost of good chapsticks and half price of bad lipsticks.

Enter Valentine's Day, which Tom thinks is a sham for a lot of the right reasons. And after many years to fine tune his opinions, I can see we will never celebrate with roses. Not to be left completely out, I took him to WalMart, showed him the Burt's tinted balm, and asked him to pick out any color except Rose, which I already had.
In this way, I got something I liked for Valentine's day, in the SURPRISE color Hibiscus. He got something he liked, chocolate (which both his mom and I subsequently pilfered), and we will live to see another holiday.
1 comment:
I am also quite fond of Burt's Bees tinted lip balm. I have some in pomegranate.
Mark has learned that gifts for any and all holidays/half-birthdays/birthdays are the way to my heart, and gifts me with many random and fun things. This year, for V-Day, I received a dozen cans of diet Coke. I'm sure you will both have fun finding your ways to celebrate!
Post a Comment