We've been in the city of Blantyre for most of the past six-and-a-half weeks, but over the weekend, we went for two hikes (walks uphill) in the area. It's a pretty place in it's way, plains with dramatic hills and even mountains sticking up at random, with varying cover, from forests to scrub.
Tea Plantations
The valley overlooking Blantyre
from a path with stations of the cross
"This interest in cars was a male problem, she thought. One saw it develop in small boys, with the little wire models they made of cars, and it never really went away." -Mma Ramotswe of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency in Morality for Beautiful Girls
Mt. Mulanje, a beautiful massif that Tom wants to
climb in one day and I want to climb in three days
The 60 meter! deep Dziwe la Nkhalamba,
'Old People's Pool' partway up Mulanje





3 comments:
Very cute you two! And nice scenery to boot.
Oh, this is Abby, by the way.
I've seen those mountains before, but I didn't get to climb them! I hope you do. (Mark wanted to go to Mt. Mulange to propose.)
Post a Comment